Monday, November 30, 2009

Pie Pops


For activity day the week before Thanksgiving we made
pie pops with the girls. They were really excited to bake and even more excited that they all got their own rolling pins. I found the rolling pins in the dollar section at Joann's and had to get them for the activity. I found the pie pop idea through a blog of a blog that linked to bakarella. The girls loved them and were excited that it was easy enough that they could make them again at home. We used box pie crust mix to keep things simple and I gave them several choices of filling. I had fresh berries mushed and tossed in cornstarch and sugar, apples chopped and sprinkled with sugar cinnamon and a little nutmeg, and several canned pie filling that to my surprise were very fresh and tasty. The only thing I think we did wrong was not place our sticks further up in the pies. Some of the girls pie pops were a little to top heavy to stay on the sticks.




I think I am going to make some of these for my Christmas party without the stick. The scalloped cookie cutter made these mini pies look super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment