Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pound Cake with Blackberries and Blueberries


I obviously have food on the brain because I have been posting and trying a-lot of new recipes lately. Maybe I just didn't want to start out the new year with the same old recipes we always make. That and I did watch the movie Julie & Julia which I highly recommend. Just be prepared to want to cook a-lot after you watch it.

This is a great pound cake recipe out of a kind of interesting recipe book that has never failed me yet.
It is the Nordstrom Friends and Family Cookbook. You just don't normally associate Nordstrom with cookbooks. Now those of you that know me well know that I worked there for years, so it is not weird that I have one. I already have an amazing baked salmon and taco soup recipe that I regularly use from this cookbook. Now I have just been inspired to try the other recipes in the book as-well. So most likely all my future food posts will have come straight from this book. If you want a copy I believe you can still purchase them at Nordstrom in their cafe. I know they have two of them so don't get confused.

P.S. I promise I have some non-food related crafts and projects in the works to share with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment