Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bake Sale Baby!

bake sale ideas
I keep forgetting to share this on the blog. Awhile back the Husband and I decided that we wanted to take a trip to Southern California this summer. We had even more incentive since Disney was doing their day of service campaign, where if you signed up to do a day of service with a registered organization you could get free tickets to one of their theme parks. So I got online and signed up for a day of service that sounded right up my alley. A Bake Sale! It is a bake sale with
Bake for Hope, which benefits Susan G Komen for the Cure. Anyone can be apart of it and you can make it as big or little a deal as you would like. We are going to be holding ours for our neighborhood and are just going to set-up in the front yard.

I plan on passing these flyers out door to door a couple days before the bake sale and then baking my little heart out and hoping for the best.

bake sale stand idea
I really want the husband to make this for me for the bake sale (I found it online, but can't remember where, sorry). Out-look not so good though. When I told him what my ideas were he just looked at me and said "I might as-well just buy our Disney Land tickets". Which would probably be true if I did everything I wanted to. I just have big visions. Hopefully I can scale back a bit, but still have the cutest Bake Sale the neighborhood has ever seen. Mark my words though one day I will build that. Jayna would love it, and so would I.

Side Note: You have to know how many projects my husband helps with and does. He makes all my visions and dreams come true. We are always teasing each other and anything I say about him is all in good fun. Just wanted you to get the tone I was saying that in.

bake sale ideas
I plan on mostly making cupcakes.

bake sale ideas
Then having fun side things like chocolate dipped pretzels with sprinkles, bags of candied jewels, maybe some cake pops, jars of pre-made cookie mix, etc.

I just hope people come. So come if you would like.

*For information on where and when the bake sale will be, or files for the flyer shown in this post click here.

6 comments:

  1. I wish we lived near by so that we could come! I love the cupcake display! I hope that dream comes true someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered seeing that same picture from an amazing picture tour from bakerella (http://www.bakerella.com/candyland/) It was her friend's Christmas party and I can't believe she and her husband did it all. I hope that you are able to have your own cupcake version. ;-) Totally understand how you get a picture in your head and must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie: I knew I had found it somewhere on her blog. I looked forever trying to find it again. Thanks! I will have to up-date this post and give credit where credit is due.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, I don't know if you know who I am, but I moved out of the Cimarron Ward last Nov/Dec. I am so glad to have discovered your cute blog! Thank you for sharing all your great ideas and being such an inspiration in all that you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer: Thanks for visiting the blog and leaving a comment. I kinda remember you guys. I am bad though, I still feel new in the ward. Hope you guys are enjoying your new place and new adventure as a family. Come visit again!

    ReplyDelete