Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let the Building Begin...

I happened to weasel my way into getting some of our tax return money as a stay-at-home-mom "yearly bonus", and decided to make some big purchases with my dough. 




I love the blog Knock-Off Wood and like everyone who follows it I have a long list of things I want to build. So I set out to buy some big power tools to help me start "knocking off" projects on my list and improving my new found hobby of building my own furniture. 
I ended up buying a sliding double miter saw, and a finishing nail gun and air compressor both of which I purchased reconditioned from Tool King
It was great to order from them since they are located in Colorado and it only took a couple of days to get to me. I was super excited when the boxes arrived and opened them right away. I have to say though that seeing my new tools in-person was way more intimidating then I thought it would be. I think I will need to do a run through with the husband before I go at it on my own. I have yet to find time to play with them but will soon enough.



This brings me one step closer to holding my girls workshop I want to do in either July or August too.
I will let you know how my tool run through goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment