Thursday, February 11, 2010

Before and After: Dining-Room Light

chandalier update
I am not too fond of the cheap lights that came with our house. They are just basic cheap contractors lights. There was a dining-room chandelier that was less than exciting, but budget wise I opted to work with it since there are so many other things I rather be spending money on.

spray painting a light
I spray-painted it white awhile ago, but it still was not giving me the look I was going for.

So I replaced all the glass covers with new ones purchased at Lowes and then dug up some old beaded garland I had and Ta Da...

decorating a chandalier
I now have a pretty cute light for over my dining-room table. I just have to have the husband swag it so that it is centered and sew a chain cover for it. I will be sure to post pictures after I do so.

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a difference! It looks so much more updated. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- I've poked around your blog this morning and enjoyed seeing some of your projects. I love this chandalier make over and the round table and your craft room is to die for! Found you on Ana's fb site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dana! The chandelier was fun to do and made a big difference in that room. Hopefully sometime before next winter I will get some pictures up of progress made in the craft-room. We have so many out-door projects to do that I am afraid the craft-room is going to get put off. Come back and visit soon. I think next month I will be having our first giveaway.

    ReplyDelete