Sunday, March 7, 2010

Touching-Up Worn Out Furniture

Remember this table I picked up at D. I. a couple posts back. Well today I thought I would show you a little trick I used to fix it up a little.

how to touch-up worn out furniture
I could tell when I bought this table that it was originally made to look antiqued, but also had some additional "antiquing" from wear and tear. I liked the table as it was, but after awhile I decided I didn't care for the wear and tear spots around the edges that showed more of the light bare wood. So I figured I would do the same thing to this table that I would do to any piece of furniture that I purposely antique. So I got out my little can of minwax dark walnut stain and went to work.

How To:

minwax dark walnut stain
1. Take a q-tip and dip it into the stain of your choice.

how to touch-up wood
2. Apply stain on q-tip to spot of bare wood that you desire antiqued.

fixing up scratches on wood furniture
antiquing wood furniture
3. Take a lint free rag and wipe off excess stain from wood. Note- the longer you leave the stain on the darker it will become.

4. Let dry and seal entire surface with top-coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment