Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fireplace Redo

Last week I decided to finally repaint our fireplace mantel.



It was a poorly painted black and I decided to do it in the same cream I am also going to paint my kitchen island in. 
I did some really clean antiquing on the edges to give it a little character, and it has a professional finish since I used my General Finishes top-coat that I love!


I am still playing with the items I want on the mantel, but this is what I had come up with that day. I am not sure about the tins with moss on either end. I may change them out for some of my vintage bottles and candle stick holders. I love the photos hanging from the frame wire. They are real vintage photos of my grandmother at the beach. 
They are the most amazing pictures and I have always wanted to blow them up, but am glad I could display them like this for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment