Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The New Addition


This is the new addition to our family that we got yesterday. I am still having mixed feelings about it, because to me it is in-between cute old truck and white trash truck. I am glad it will solve all of our "how do we get this?" and "how do we get rid of this" problems though.


This getting a truck thing started last week when we realized we have no way to get rid of a ton of sand in a huge ghetto sandbox in the backyard to make way for our landscaping projects we want to do this year. So naturally this week we bought a truck. Ridiculous! It was only $1000 and we bought it from a kid who got it from his grandpa and had been fixing it up forever. It is embarrassingly loud with duel exhausts (just like a 20 year old boy would like). I have to admit it is fun to drive and ride in though, and will for-sure add a sense of adventure to all our future Ikea and Home Depot runs.


Don't laugh, but I had to call the fire-department to see if it was even legal to put Jayna in her car-seat in this truck. It was, in-fact they said the older trucks are safer because they have no airbags, although I do not think we will be driving on the free-way with her in this truck anytime soon. So last night we drove to In and Out Burger for dinner no license plates and all and then went to Lowes to look at some things. There is something about driving an old truck to get burgers that is so right and 100% American. It was a blast!

I told Ryan that it was my the Bird and the Berry truck and he got really disgusted and told me "We are not Bird and the Berrying this thing up". I am guessing that means I can not put my blog logo on it or reupholster the bench seat in a print or tweed. But we will see about that.

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Definitely cute old truck, not white trash truck. (Then again I haven't heard it drive down the street!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey where is the pitch fork or gun rack! Nice truck, when are you going to post a wave file so we can hear it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely call that a very cute old truck too. And yes, I agree, there's just something about riding around in a pick-up that screams Americana! I love the color, and I think you should definitely push for a pretty print covered seat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew someone would be on my side! I should hold a vote for the logo and seat cover just to show the husband. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessisca: You just let me know when you want to go junking and can take the Blue Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed Cameron the truck and he thought it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete