Monday, June 28, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I was looking back through past garden posts and realized I have failed to post about buying and planting everything in my garden. We have had some weird weather here in Utah this spring. In-fact a week or so after planting everything the weather hit freezing and it snowed, but I am happy to report that it looks like all my tomato plants have survived.




Back in May Jayna and I headed down the road in our blue beauty truck to Bland's Nursery to pick up things for our garden. Bland's Nursery is always so fun to go visit. The people are great and always helpful and I love the "mom and pop" "old farmer" feel the place has.
Jayna loves riding in the wagon, and they have a great selection of flowers and plants. I was a little too excited about having a garden this year though, so I kind of ended up planting a one of everything. We bought 2 Rosemary plants, Chives, Basil, Parsley, Oregano, 4 Red Bell Pepper plants, 3 Jalapeno plants, 2 Cherry Tomato plants, and two Heirloom Tomato plants.
Then at home I had Watermelon, Cucumber, Squash, Zucchini, Pole Beans, Peas, and corn all started from seed.
After we got home I spent the rest of the day spacing out and planting everything. Now if a master gardener were to look at my garden boxes I am sure they would kill over.
Everything is probably spaced to close and I most likely have to many things in each box, but I don't care. This is my experimentation year and I am enjoying it. I used to have a garden back when Ryan and I first were married and lived in a little duplex in Provo, and my best garden was the one I planted the first year when I just threw everything in the dirt wherever. After that year things went down hill the more I tried to think and plan it out. Funny how that happens sometimes. Maybe ignorance is bliss.


Here are the most recent pictures of my garden so you can see the progress.







No comments:

Post a Comment